Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Luis Bernardo <lm...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/02 01:42:21 UTC

svgcolor12 branch

Hi Jeremias,

I recently discovered the batik svgcolor12 branch that you created and
worked on. I tested support for CMYK color (with a simple example) and
it worked well, so I am keen to see this merged to trunk. What is the
status of the branch (and implementation)?

Thanks,
Luis

Re: [VOTE] Merge Batik svg12color branch to trunk

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Luis,

I took your suggestion of checking out the branch and running some
tests. The test  samples/tests/spec/color/colorProfile.svg, contains
some RGB colours that use a colour profile, and I can confirm that the
branch doesn't regress this particular test case.

Therefore, I vote +1 to merge this branch and add support for CMYK colour

Thanks,

Chris

Posted by Clay Leeds <th...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me!

Cheers!

Clay

--

"My religion is simple. My religion is kindness."
- HH The Dalai Lama of Tibet

Posted by Pascal Sancho <ps...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

+1
the new dependency on XGC is welcome and makes a lot of sense.

> I would like to merge the Batik svg12color branch to trunk. This work was
> done by Jeremias.
>
> I am interested in using this new functionality with FOP (see attached
> example) and from my testing the code works well, and Jeremias also thinks
> the code is ready.
>
> Note that this branch introduces a dependency in xmlgraphics-commons
> (which in my opinion is a good thing because for the first time commons
> will be common to FOP and Batik!).
>
> I will wait one week before I merge the code so please voice any opinion
> before that if you care. You are also free, and encouraged, to test the
> code and vote!
>
> +1
>
> -------- Original Message --------  Subject: Re: svgcolor12 branch  Date: Fri,
> 1 Aug 2014 15:57:10 +0100  From: Luis Bernardo <lm...@gmail.com>
> <lm...@gmail.com>  To: batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org
>
> Hi Jeremias,
>
>  I tried the merge to trunk and except for the log changes file there
> were no conflicts. I assume you don't mind if I proceed with the merge by
> launching a vote next week (unless you want to do it yourself).
>
>  Attached is an FOP file (and the resulting PDF generated using the new
> Batik jar) with an SVG with CMYK.
>
>  Luis
>

>  On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 8:16 AM, Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Luis
>>
>> I'm terribly sorry for the late answer. I've just downloaded the e-mails
>> from this account which I haven't done for more than a month.
>>
>> Basically, I think it's fine to merge that back into trunk. I'm still
>> maintaining private branches of FOP and Batik which add OSGi support and
>> the Batik one is based on the color branch. I've never gotten around to
>> make the push back into official repositories especially since those API
>> changes in FOP that I didn't agree with. I've made some additional
>> changes to my Batik branch which is mostly just cosmetics but I've also
>> merged most of the changes from the foreignObject branch in there
>> because I needed to embed XHTML in SVG. And I've made little changes to
>> URI/URL resolution. So looking at my change log, I think I didn't have
>> to do any changes to the color support since I've last worked on that
>> (official) branch.
>>
>> HTH,
>> Jeremias Maerki
>>

>> On 02.07.2014 01:42:21 Luis Bernardo wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi Jeremias,
>> >
>> > I recently discovered the batik svgcolor12 branch that you created and
>> > worked on. I tested support for CMYK color (with a simple example) and
>> > it worked well, so I am keen to see this merged to trunk. What is the
>> > status of the branch (and implementation)?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Luis

pascal

Re: [VOTE] Merge Batik svg12color branch to trunk

Posted by Luis Bernardo <lm...@gmail.com>.
I have now merged this branch. Thanks to everyone that voted.

Posted by Vincent Hennebert <vh...@gmail.com>.
+1

Vincent

Posted by Luis Bernardo <lm...@gmail.com>.

Re: svgcolor12 branch

Posted by Luis Bernardo <lm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jeremias,

Re: svgcolor12 branch

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks Jeremias. Since we are planning a release of Batik, we should
merge this branch before we do the release, so that CMYK support is
included in the 1.8 release.

Thanks,

Chris

Re: svgcolor12 branch