Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/07 11:56:02 UTC

1.0 plan

It looks to me like the NIO code is now getting stable enough to move to 1.0.

I know that we should move the NIO code into core Axis2 at some point,
but my suggestion is that we target this for Synapse 1.1 and Axis2
1.3.

I'd really like to get the AXIOM/E4X integrated for 1.0. For that we
need a named release from wso2.org. I will chase the WSO2 guys (yeah I
know) on that. I think there is some issue with the Rhino release but
maybe we could just give it a name.

I've been looking through the JIRAs. These are the ones that I care
about for 1.0. Let's try to get a final list and once we've got those
closed we will cut an RC.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-17
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-55
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-57
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-59
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-60
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-62
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-63

Paul

PS this doesn't mean I don't care about the other JIRAs - just I don't
see them as blockers. I think we can try and resolve a number of them
pre 1.0 as well.

--
Paul Fremantle

http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle
paul@wso2.com

Re: 1.0 plan

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Paul

Let me get back to you on this before your Monday morning

asankha

Re: 1.0 plan

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
+1..

Re: 1.0 plan

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.

Asankha C. Perera wrote:

>>     It looks to me like the NIO code is now getting stable enough to
>>     move to 1.0.
>>
> Yep, also we have https support now..
>>
>>     I'd really like to get the AXIOM/E4X integrated for 1.0. For that we
>>     need a named release from wso2.org <http://wso2.org>. I will chase
>>     the WSO2 guys (yeah I
>>     know) on that. I think there is some issue with the Rhino release but
>>     maybe we could just give it a name.
>>
>  >From what I heard, we only have to drop a different Rhino JAR instead
> of the one we use now, and it will work with the AXIOM jar as necessary..
>>
>>     I've been looking through the JIRAs. These are the ones that I care
>>     about for 1.0. Let's try to get a final list and once we've got those
>>     closed we will cut an RC.
>>
> Yes, also we are in the process of updating the samples and this is
> somewhat close to a set of end-to-end regression testing which would be
> good before the RC.
>
> I am thinking that we would be able to cut the first RC by end of next week
>
> asankha

Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.

Re: 1.0 plan

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
A 1.0 release would be really good for Synapse and all that sounds good to
me so +1.

   ...ant