Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alessio Bettiol <bx...@tiscali.it> on 2002/07/21 21:38:58 UTC

Jboss application server

Thank you for your interest in my question.
I have downloaded from www.jboss.org the new version (3.0.0) of the famous
application server, the version that includes tomcat 4.0.3 inside,
pre-configured.
You can launch it in standalone mode or with jboss, but ... it works only in
standalone mode.
With jboss, the configuration file that jboss give to tomcat isn't server.xml,
but tomcat4-service.xml, in another directory
($jboss_home/server/default/deploy)
When all services are started, I try to connect with a web-browser at
http://localhost:8080, then I see this message: 'no context configured for
this application', even if the <context> blocks are present and the <context>
default block (with path set to nothing) also.

The thing I've tried was to connect tomcat4 launched from jboss with the
'webapps' directory.

Can you give me help?

Thanks a lot!!

Alex from Italy

Re: Jboss application server

Posted by Richard Plukker <ri...@bowtie.nl>.
put your war file in an ear file.
Or put the servlets in an ear file conform the j2ee spec.
Than when you put it in the deploy directory of your jboss installation,
your webapp will be deployed.

Visit the free documentation of www.jboss.org or look for a tutorial on
deploying applications in jboss.
good luck,