Posted to user@kylin.apache.org by Norbert Burger <no...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/14 22:12:04 UTC

Fwd: Kylin cube partitioning strategy

Hi folks,

* Does Kylin support an hourly partitioning strategy (yyyy-MM-dd-hh)?  One
of our incoming datasets with which I want to create a cube is partitioned
at the hourly level.  If not, how do folks handle this grain difference?

* SQL Workbench seems not to play well with the Kylin JDBC driver (every
query throws an NPE at workbench.sql.SqlCommand.processResults).  Has
anyone had luck with this setup?

Norbert

Re: Kylin cube partitioning strategy

Posted by Li Yang <li...@apache.org>.
> Does Kylin support an hourly partitioning strategy (yyyy-MM-dd-hh)?  One
of our incoming datasets with which I want to create a cube is partitioned
at the hourly level.  If not, how do folks handle this grain difference?

The "date format" of the partition date column can be set to include the
hour. The "date format" may not be editable in the GUI depending on the
Kylin version you are using. What's your version?

This deserves a JIRA. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KYLIN-1494