Posted to dev@curator.apache.org by Boris Dainson <bo...@gmail.com> on 2022/06/15 12:17:40 UTC

revocable InterProcessSemaphoreV2 or release of InterProcessMutex from a different thread

Hi,

InterProcessMutex supports revocation using the makeRevocable method.
InterProcessSemaphoreV2 is similar to InterProcessMutex but it does not
have the makeRevocable method. Can InterProcessSemaphoreV2 be extended to
support revocation? Or is there a reason this is not done?

I would use revocable InterProcessMutex but in my workflow acquire and
release is happening from different threads.  If InterProcessMutex could
support release from the same JVM but a thread different from the thread
that acquired it, that would work for me too.

Thank you