Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de> on 2018/03/04 11:50:22 UTC

PDFBox 2.0.9 release?

Hi,

now that we got the JBIG2 ImageIO out of the door it's time to release a new
2.0.x version of PDFBox.

WDYT?

@Tim, @Tilman
Do you have some time to run the regression test?

Andreas

Re: PDFBox 2.0.9 release?

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 15.03.2018 um 18:54 schrieb Andreas Lehmkuehler:
> On 03/13/2018 07:55 PM, Tilman Hausherr wrote:
>> Am 12.03.2018 um 23:17 schrieb Allison, Timothy B.:
>>> Reports are available here:
>>>
>>> http://162.242.228.174/reports/pdfbox-2.0.9-pre-rc1_reports_2.tar.bz2
>>>

>> Thanks, according to this, only two files that I didn't mention last
>> time are different, I have opened
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-4153
> PDFBOX-4153 is solved. How about cutting the release next Monday?

+1

Tilman

RE: PDFBox 2.0.9 release?

Posted by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org>.
> PDFBOX-4153 is solved. How about cutting the release next Monday?
+1 and thank you!

Tim

Re: PDFBox 2.0.9 release?

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.

Re: PDFBox 2.0.9 release?

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.

RE: PDFBox 2.0.9 release?

Posted by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org>.
Reports are available here:

http://162.242.228.174/reports/pdfbox-2.0.9-pre-rc1_reports_2.tar.bz2

Re: PDFBox 2.0.9 release?

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 11.03.2018 um 14:26 schrieb Andreas Lehmkuehler:
> On 03/11/2018 12:31 PM, Tilman Hausherr wrote:
>> Am 04.03.2018 um 12:50 schrieb Andreas Lehmkuehler:
>>>
>>> now that we got the JBIG2 ImageIO out of the door it's time to
>>> release a new 2.0.x version of PDFBox.
>>
>> Hello Andreas,
>>
>> Could you please configure a 2.0.10 target? We might need it.
> Done, and btw I made you admin so that I'm no longer the bottle neck

Thanks for both. The second one was very useful 1 minute ago :-)

Tilman

Re: PDFBox 2.0.9 release?

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.

Re: PDFBox 2.0.9 release?

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.

Re: PDFBox 2.0.9 release?

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Am 04.03.2018 um 13:33 schrieb Tilman Hausherr:
> I have the time and I should do it, because I lost my notes from last time,
> which had some hints and command lines that go beyond the documentation on the
> web. These notes were on a USB stick that is attached to my keyboard that is
> attached to my 2 PCs via a switch, so I could access these notes regardless
> which PC is on. That USB stick was recently destroyed (thank you, KINGSTON!) by
> a static discharge likely related to the dry winter air.
Argh, I know what you mean. I have to fight with the fedora update process from
time to time :-(

> However I need a few days to finish the issues I am working on, and the issues
> targeted for 2.0.9. So monday next week would be too early.We are not in a hurry, take your time ...

Andreas

RE: PDFBox 2.0.9 release?

Posted by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org>.
> ok => Tim, please start again

Will start now.

Re: PDFBox 2.0.9 release?

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 11.03.2018 um 16:28 schrieb Andreas Lehmkuehler:
> On 03/11/2018 03:54 PM, Tilman Hausherr wrote:
>> Am 09.03.2018 um 20:09 schrieb Allison, Timothy B.:
>>> I'm happy to run the regression tests again when all final changes
>>> for 2.0.9-RC1 are made.  I'm really excited to be able to include
>>> jbig2.  We'll start the Tika release process for 1.18 as soon as
>>> PDFBox 2.0.9 is available.
>>
>> I'm done with all changes for 2.0.9 except one that doesn't have
>> anything to do with text extraction or parsing.
>>
>> Andreas, are you working on any issue related to these?
> I'm recently working o PDFBOX-4097, it's abouzt repairing encrypted
> object streams, but we don't have to wait for that.
> PDFBOX-4084 includes some changes to the parser. Maybe we should run
> the regression test again although I don't expect any issues here.

ok => Tim, please start again

Thanks

Tilman

Re: PDFBox 2.0.9 release?

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.

Re: PDFBox 2.0.9 release?

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.

RE: PDFBox 2.0.9 release?

Posted by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org>.
I'm happy to run the regression tests again when all final changes for 2.0.9-RC1 are made.  I'm really excited to be able to include jbig2.  We'll start the Tika release process for 1.18 as soon as PDFBox 2.0.9 is available.

Thank you, all!

Cheers,

         Tim

Re: PDFBox 2.0.9 release?

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Thank you!

The "new exceptions" are all about files that can't be displayed with
Adobe Reader nor PDF.js, so the users have no expectation that PDFBox
can display them.

About the contents diffs:
- REITUNFXRP2LQIMBSYAIIS4BBJDSKGP7 can't be displayed with Adobe Reader
- 858677.pdf neither old nor new extraction is better
- XW6K2DX3OA5D43KK2JJIF6HSICDYLI53 can't be displayed with Adobe Reader
- 428771.pdf neither old nor new extraction is better

So nothing to do :-)

I'll have a look at the issues targeted for 2.0.9 and also look if there
are any issues I've flagged in thunderbird.

Tilman

RE: PDFBox 2.0.9 release?

Posted by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org>.

Re: PDFBox 2.0.9 release?

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.

RE: PDFBox 2.0.9 release?

Posted by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org>.

RE: PDFBox 2.0.9 release?

Posted by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org>.
Argh.  Sorry for my delay.  Y. I have time, and I'm happy to help Tilman if he'd prefer to lead the regression testing process again.

Cheers,

           Tim

[resending, as my first attempt swallowed my second command due to a wrong formatting]

Re: PDFBox 2.0.9 release?

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.

Re: PDFBox 2.0.9 release?

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.