Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/08 08:16:50 UTC

[BEWARE] - Moving classes - Keep SVN revision details

Hi

When you refactor the code such as moving classes to new packages,
etc. Then try to make sure to use svn mv so so we keep the svn
revisions of this class. If you do a delete and add instead, we loose
all that details.

This is important to keep as it helps resolving issues as you can
compare with past versions, and also on a line by line bases see
who/when/commit logs what has been changed.

For example the class AsyncProcessorTypeConverter was moved in the
last commit. But the commit was a delete + add, which means all the
previous commit logs of that class is gone.

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: [BEWARE] - Moving classes - Keep SVN revision details

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
I also wondered why this happened as I used a eclipse refactor command
like before. I guess it happened as my eclipse workspace was not
connected to svn at the time.
Normally I try to move classes in svn.

Christian

Am 08.09.2011 08:16, schrieb Claus Ibsen:
> Hi
>
> When you refactor the code such as moving classes to new packages,
> etc. Then try to make sure to use svn mv so so we keep the svn
> revisions of this class. If you do a delete and add instead, we loose
> all that details.
>
> This is important to keep as it helps resolving issues as you can
> compare with past versions, and also on a line by line bases see
> who/when/commit logs what has been changed.
>
> For example the class AsyncProcessorTypeConverter was moved in the
> last commit. But the commit was a delete + add, which means all the
> previous commit logs of that class is gone.

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect