Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by "jayson.minard" <ja...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/13 20:54:51 UTC

How risky was rev 774049 updated to Lucene 2.9?

How risky was this change?  I need to take a build out to test with some of
my patches that are near the tip and I am looking for a reasonable last
point and most of the builds this month have been ok for me and then this
popped into the commit list.

Any thoughts?  Where does Lucene 2.9 put the risk level for trying to get
more testing hours in on 1.4 and yet be stable at the same time?

--j

Re: How risky was rev 774049 updated to Lucene 2.9?

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 12:24 AM, jayson.minard <ja...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Where does Lucene 2.9 put the risk level for trying to get
> more testing hours in on 1.4 and yet be stable at the same time?

Solr 1.4 trunk has always had Lucene 2.9 trunk jars. I think I had upgraded
them a few weeks ago too. Mark had sent a list of changes in Lucene on
solr-dev before the upgrade.

As with any build from trunk, use at your own risk :)

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.