Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Michael Klama <no...@tampabay.rr.com> on 2002/12/28 16:53:55 UTC

[users@httpd] httpd startup error

I just finished installing Frontpage server extensions using
fp_install.sh on my Redhat 7.3 system and originally had the server
working prior to the install but now when I try to restart the server I
get the error "could not open document config file
/usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf"  there is no config file there and
the only config file on my system is still in it's original location at
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf  when I look inside this config file there is
no module for the frontpage.  If I look in my /usr/sbin directory there
are 2 httpd daemons there and one is named httpd.orig and if I rename
that to httpd the server starts properly but the frontpage is not loaded
as a module.  I ran httpd -l on both daemons and the httpd.orig does not
have the frontpage module loading but but it is running in the httpd.
The problem is that httpd is looking for the config file in the wrong
place.  Can anyone help me?

Mike

Re: [users@httpd] httpd startup error

Posted by JDeSalle <jd...@earthlink.net>.
Michael,

First thing I would do is look in fp_install.sh script and see where it
put everything.
Then check to see what it changed and go from there. Typically Redhat
puts the configs
in /etc/httpd/conf and /var/www/html if you installed apacehe at OS
install. On a source
install everything is typically put in /usr/local/apache dir. if you
don't add your own prefix.
I think you have to issues happening here and I don't know exactly how
you set things up.

jd