Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Saurabh Shukla <sa...@cysphere.com> on 2001/09/14 07:39:42 UTC

Velocity not finding the template... Urgent...

hii,

I am using Velocity-1.1 on RedHat 6.2.(rather trying to use), I  so far were
working on jsp's and this is the first time i am trying velocity.

My web-app is in /home/saurabh/htdocs. I have got a template index.vm in
htdocs. ie /home/saurabh/htdocs/index.vm

getTemplate("index.vm") throws Resource not Found Exception.

getTemplate("/home/saurabh/htdocs/index.vm") also throws Resource not Found
Exception.(This ideally should not happen)!!!!!!!!!

How ever if i put index.vm in /home/saurabh/ Velocity finds my template.

Can any one please please please explain why is this happening ? Coz' if
this is the way velocity works then i'll have to shift to jsp asap.

Regards,
saurabh.

RE: Velocity not finding the template... Urgent...

Posted by Paulo Gaspar <pa...@krankikom.de>.
LOL
You are inspired today Geir!

Paulo

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.

Posted by Paulo Gaspar <pa...@krankikom.de>.
Aren't you afraid Jon?
[...]

Have fun,
Paulo

ng%20Resou
rce%20Loaders>

> Can any one please please please explain why is this happening ? Coz' if
> this is the way velocity works then i'll have to shift to jsp asap.

Try reading the documentation first and then make 'threats' later.

-jon

Re: Velocity not finding the template... Urgent...

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.