Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Arne Borkowski (borko.net)" <ar...@borko.net> on 2001/04/18 23:46:48 UTC

Validation?

Hi,

does any of you have Cocoon validate XML files against its DTD?
Any special arrangements for that?

Regards, Arne

RE: Validation?

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Arne Borkowski (borko.net) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this is in my XSL file
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
> 	xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">
>
> this is in my XML file
>
> <?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?>
> <?xml-stylesheet href="/xsl/borko-net-html.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>
> <?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>
>
> <!DOCTYPE doc [
> <!ELEMENT doc	(blah, lala)>
> ]>
>
> Where am I doing things wrong?

missing the DTD reference in the xsl stylesheet, i think. anyone have any
success with validation? i never use it myself.

- donald

RE: Validation?

Posted by "Arne Borkowski (borko.net)" <ar...@borko.net>.
Hi,

this is in my XSL file

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

this is in my XML file

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="/xsl/borko-net-html.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>

<!DOCTYPE doc [
<!ELEMENT doc	(blah, lala)>
]>

Where am I doing things wrong?

Regards, Arne

XML

RE: Validation?

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.

RE: Validation?

Posted by "Arne Borkowski (borko.net)" <ar...@borko.net>.
Hi,

that's too easy to mention :-)

Of course I did and I receive the following error when accessing ANY XML
file:

java.lang.RuntimeException:
    Error while initializing XSP engine:
	org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
		General Schema Error: Grammar with uri :
		http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform , can not found.

Why this?

Regards, Arne

Re: Validation?