Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Rodrigo F Valverde <ro...@yahoo.com.br> on 2007/05/24 17:14:38 UTC

How to search more than one word?

Hi all!

I implemented a searcher with Lucene and i´m trying to search two words, the both into the same text file, but...i can´t!

When I search the first word and the second separated, everithing happens ok, but when together, with or wtithout "AND" or "+"...nothing is found! :(

Can somebody help me?

Fale com seus amigos  de graça com o novo Yahoo! Messenger
http://br.messenger.yahoo.com/

Re: How to search more than one word?

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Not until you give us more information <G>.

In particular, what analyzers you use at index and search time.
What the string was originally and how you indexed it.
What query.toString() shows you.

Best
Erick