Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by "tesmai4@gmail.com" <te...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/21 16:01:16 UTC

Jar for Spark developement

Hi,

Beginner in Spark development. Took time to configure Eclipse + Scala. Is
there any tutorial that can help beginners.

Still struggling to find Spark JAR files for development. There is no lib
folder in my Spark distribution (neither in pre-built nor in custom built..)

Regards,

Re: Jar for Spark developement

Posted by Petar Zecevic <pe...@gmail.com>.
You can check out the Spark in Action book. In my (not so humble)
opinion, it's very good for beginners.

Petar (author)

Posted by joshuata <jo...@gmail.com>.
With regards to the Spark JAR files, I have had really good success with the
sbt plugin <https://github.com/databricks/sbt-spark-package>  . You can set
the desired spark version along with any plugins, and it will automatically
fetch your dependencies and put them on the classpath.