Posted to dev@aurora.apache.org by Hussein Elgridly <hu...@broadinstitute.org> on 2015/02/22 04:16:26 UTC

Sharing scripts for deploying Aurora on Mesosphere

Hi,

There's been some talk on IRC about better documentation for deploying
Aurora in a non-Vagrant environment, and requests that users share their
deployment notes. Our devops folks are putting together Puppet scripts for
our production environment, but meanwhile I've been using Mesosphere as a
dev environment.

I wrote Bash scripts to automate the build and install, and got sign-off to
share them with you, so here they are in a Gist:

https://gist.github.com/helgridly/e7bee1f017c7c134d5d3 <http://xxxx>

I make no claims as to their quality ;)

The readme file should walk you through what's going on. They're pretty
obviously cribbed from the Vagrant files but handle installing dependencies
in the Mesosphere environment and copying the executor over to the slaves.

Please feel free to appropriate as much or as little of the code or
documentation as you'd like.

Re: Sharing scripts for deploying Aurora on Mesosphere

Posted by Benjamin Staffin <be...@folsomlabs.com>.
Related to this, I wrote a Chef cookbook for deploying Aurora on
Ubuntu that I've been using for a while:
https://github.com/benley/chef-aurora

Posted by James Oliver <jd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joseph Smith <ya...@gmail.com>.