Posted to builds@apache.org by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com> on 2010/02/19 22:08:45 UTC

Slave status plugin in Hudson

Hi

Would it be okay to install the Slave status
(http://wiki.hudson-ci.org/display/HUDSON/slave-status)  in Hudson?
That way, slaves would be possible to monitor from Nagios. I'm seeing
some crashes of Hudson on the Windows slave, and would like to be
notified when this happens.

/niklas

Re: Slave status plugin in Hudson

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 10:15 PM, Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org> wrote:
> could we use check_http and use the main ASF monitoring nagios[1] for
> the rest of infra can easily see it?

Yes, that was my plan (sorry for not making it more clear). We
actually had the machine (check_ping I believe) in there at one time.
Seems to be missing now somehow.

Posted by Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org>.
On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 1:08 PM, Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 10:04 PM, Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org> wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 1:08 PM, Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com> wrote:
>>> Would it be okay to install the Slave status
>>> (http://wiki.hudson-ci.org/display/HUDSON/slave-status)  in Hudson?
>>> That way, slaves would be possible to monitor from Nagios. I'm seeing
>>> some crashes of Hudson on the Windows slave, and would like to be
>>> notified when this happens.
>>
>> how do you intend to actually monitor it? NPRE?
>
> I was hoping we could use check_http from the main Nagios server,
> similar to for example JIRA. The major difference would be that in
> this case we also need to check for a specific reply using the -r
> argument. Here's the example from the slave-status plugin docs:
> check_http -H localhost -p 3141 -r '<status>Running</status>'
>
> Of course, in our case with not using NRPE, localhost would be replace
> by the real host name.
>
> Do you think this would work?

could we use check_http and use the main ASF monitoring nagios[1] for
the rest of infra can easily see it?

I'd prefer to not use NPRE on any machines if possible....

[1] - http://monitoring.apache.org/status/

Re: Slave status plugin in Hudson

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.

Posted by Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org>.