Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2003/07/29 19:34:21 UTC

[ReVote] Avalon Meta Info

I am tired of endlessly going around the same boat, trying to be understanding,
trying to come to a workable solution, and not being able to.  All the issues
and viewpoints are on the table.  I believe our committers have the ability to
make a rational decision, and that we ALL will abide by that decision.  The only
way to move forward at this time is a simple vote.  What the committers decide
is what the Avalon community will do--no exceptions.

1) Vote to work with the "meta-info" package as is
    [ ] +1  I am fine with @avalon.extension and @avalon.stage
    [ ] -1  I am not fine with those attributes or I don't like the library
    [ ] 0   I don't care

2) Vote to work with the "meta-info" package, but moving the "extension" and
    "stage" attributes in the "lifecycle" namespace
    [ ] +1  I would like @lifecycle.extension and @lifecycle.stage
    [ ] -1  I am not fine with those attributes or I don't like the library
    [ ] 0   I don't care

3) Scrap the library completely, but preserve the attributes already agreed
    upon.  A new library will be created and all Avalon containers will support
    it.
    [ ] +1  I don't like the library as defined, or it has become too contentious
    [ ] -1  The existing library is fine
    [ ] 0   I don't care

The result of this vote will help us move forward and get past this stupid
debate.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin

Re: [ReVote] Avalon Meta Info

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Stephen McConnell wrote:

> Stephen McConnell wrote:
>

>> Berin Loritsch wrote:
>>
>>> I am tired of endlessly going around the same boat, trying to be
>>> understanding,
>>> trying to come to a workable solution, and not being able to.  All
>>> the issues
>>> and viewpoints are on the table.  I believe our committers have the
>>> ability to
>>> make a rational decision, and that we ALL will abide by that
>>> decision.  The only
>>> way to move forward at this time is a simple vote.  What the
>>> committers decide
>>> is what the Avalon community will do--no exceptions.
>>

>> How about we follow Apache tradition.
>> You vote on a release. You don't try to micro manage the outcome.
>>
>> I.e..
>>
>> Vote on the release of the Avalon Meta package:
>>
>>    [  ] +1 yes
>>    [  ] -1 no
>>    [  ] 0 abstain
>

> p.s. +1 from me.

-1.  The vote I put forth stands.  We need to know what others beside yourself
and I have to say on the issue.

That's it.

Re: [ReVote] Avalon Meta Info

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Stephen McConnell wrote:

> Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
>> I am tired of endlessly going around the same boat, trying to be
>> understanding,
>> trying to come to a workable solution, and not being able to.  All
>> the issues
>> and viewpoints are on the table.  I believe our committers have the
>> ability to
>> make a rational decision, and that we ALL will abide by that
>> decision.  The only
>> way to move forward at this time is a simple vote.  What the
>> committers decide
>> is what the Avalon community will do--no exceptions.
>

> How about we follow Apache tradition.
> You vote on a release. You don't try to micro manage the outcome.
>
> I.e..
>
> Vote on the release of the Avalon Meta package:
>
>    [  ] +1 yes
>    [  ] -1 no
>    [  ] 0 abstain

p.s. +1 from me.