Posted to dev@groovy.apache.org by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au> on 2017/11/06 17:51:02 UTC

upcoming releases

I was planning to release 2.4.13 shortly and subsequently 2.5.0-beta-3. I
am just trying to close off a couple more bug fixes. Anyone else have
things they need included?

Cheers, Paul.

RE: upcoming releases

Posted by er...@thomsonreuters.com.
Are we really ready to have 3 unfinished versions making their way through alpha/beta?  I haven't even had time to look into 2.6 yet.

Re: upcoming releases

Posted by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>.
Nor a 2.5! :-) My focus right now is progressing 2.5 out the door but that
will happen after G3 Summit. I have some final variable analysis tweaks
ready to add which should make 2.5 close to feature complete but there are
some Spock hacks that need further testing. (Spock doesn't currently set
the accessed variable when transforming local variable definitions and that
breaks FVA and possibly other typing checks). We possibly need to have
better recommended conventions around generated code in xforms. We
currently do FVA checking and possibly type checking on internal Spock
local variables for instance, e.g. $spock_errorCollector. We could skip
synthetic or @Generated variables (or ones with internal looking names -
but that can be problematic) for instance.

I am +0 on a 3 alpha. I think we have quite a few things to work through
before any 2.6/3 candidate will be close to final but if people want to
play with an early alpha I see no harm.

Cheers, Paul.

Re: upcoming releases

Posted by "Daniel.Sun" <su...@apache.org>.
Hi Cédric,

       Groovy 3.0.0 alpha can help groovy developers try the new parser
easily, which is enabled by default. In addition, we can get more feedback
earlier. So if no -1 on releasing 3.0.0 alpha, I'll try to release later.

Cheers,
Daniel.Sun

Re: upcoming releases

Posted by Cédric Champeau <ce...@gmail.com>.

Re: upcoming releases

Re: upcoming releases

Posted by Daniel Sun <su...@apache.org>.
OK. I'll release 3.0.0-alpha-1 after you fix the two known issues ;-)

Cheers,
Daniel.Sun

Re: upcoming releases

Posted by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>.