Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by David Pratt <fa...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/16 04:48:14 UTC

[users@httpd] Virtual host repetition for many ports

Hi. I have apache behind a reverse proxy and listening to 30 ports. I
want to shorten up my http.conf. I have been reading mod_vhost_alias
docs but it seems only to handle names where I am only concerned about
routing request from reverse proxy a specific backend port. So I have a
large block of Listens from 8001 - 8030, followed by virtual hosts where
the only difference between them is how port number fits into group and
file naming scheme. I was hoping to use the variable %p in
mod_vhost_alias to so I'd only have to do something like:

Listen 8001
Listen 8002

WSGIDaemonProcess 0001%p processes=1 threads=1 maximum-requests=5000
WSGIProcessGroup 0001%p
WSGIApplicationGroup %%{GLOBAL}
WSGIPassAuthorization On
WSGIScriptAlias / /path/to/bin/0001%p.wsgi

What i am starting with is below. Many thanks.

Regards,
David

Listen 8001
Listen 8002

<VirtualHost *:8001>
     WSGIDaemonProcess 00018001 processes=1 threads=1 maximum-requests=5000
     WSGIProcessGroup 00018001
     WSGIApplicationGroup %{GLOBAL}
     WSGIPassAuthorization On
     WSGIScriptAlias / /path/to/bin/00018001.wsgi
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost *:8002>
     WSGIDaemonProcess 00018002 processes=1 threads=1 maximum-requests=5000
     WSGIProcessGroup 00018002