Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/10 16:36:28 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache ServiceMix Kernel 1.0.0-rc1

The ServiceMix team is pleased to announce the third milestone [1] of
ServiceMix Kernel.

Apache ServiceMix Kernel is a small OSGi based runtime which provides
a lightweight container onto which various bundles can be deployed. It
will be the foundation of ServiceMix 4.
For more informations, see the Apache ServiceMix Kernel web site [2].
This release can be downloaded here [3].

This first Release Candidate of Apache ServiceMix Kernel includes a
security framework based on JAAS allowing authentication using JAAS
realms deployed at runtime and also allow keystores and trustores to
be deployed and accessed through OSGi. This allow the remote console
to be secured correctly (if the console is activated in a production
environment, we strongly recommand to deploy a custom JAAS realm and
new keystores when using the SSL connection). A few bugs have been
fixed too.

A release candidate (RC) is a distribution that has not been proven
completely stable, but the feature set is the one that will be
available in the final release. The number of RCs has not been fixed
and it will depend on the feedback we obtain from this release, so
please give it a try and report any problems you can find.

See the release notes [4] for more informations about this release and
the Users' Guide [5] to get started.

Enjoy !

On behalf of the ServiceMix Team
Guillaume Nodet