Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/27 13:41:37 UTC

Conceptually - retry handling

Hi all

So, in my scenario I have two systems.  I want to be able to move data from
System A to System B without either knowing the other exists.  I figure
using an ESB would help with that drastically.  What I conceptually want to
do is define a series of routes via configuration that allow you to move
this data around.  What needs to happen is that System A sends a web
service request to the ESB.  This would cause the ESB to query System A
(via SOAP web service).  The results of this query then get sent as a post
to System B (REST).

First issue is that I want to wire this up generically so that we could
have more flexible routing between these calls.  e.g. we may need to
support data from System A to System A (resulting in a new record being
created).  I think I just need to brush up on camel routing to do this.

The second issue is that we need to support failure scenarios.  So maybe
System A goes down right after sending us the first web service message.  I
figure durable queuing would handle this, am I right?

John