Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by 单车 <jy...@163.com> on 2015/05/25 11:22:10 UTC

Can't open console producer

type the command :
> bin/kafka-console-producer.sh --broker-list localhost:9092 --topic test
but, return nothing,like:
[root@master1 kafka_2.10-0.8.2.1]# bin/kafka-console-producer.sh --broker-list localhost:9092 --topic test
[root@master1 kafka_2.10-0.8.2.1]#
why?

RE: Can't open console producer

Posted by Aditya Auradkar <aa...@linkedin.com.INVALID>.
Can you do a git status? I accidentally did something similar the other day while copying commands from the quickstart guide.
"> bin/kafka-console-producer.sh --broker-list localhost:9092 --topic test"

"> filename" will truncate filename to zero length and all subsequent commands will not return anything.

Thanks,
Aditya

Have you tried checking logs? Check if you find some thing in server.log.
Make sure your zookeeper and broker instance is up and running.

Posted by Nipur Patodi <er...@gmail.com>.