Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Guyle Taber <gt...@ebates.com> on 2014/09/25 00:07:41 UTC

Flume exec tail -f date on apache log - Follow-up

Can anyone explain why does this not work? I'm using the `date +%Y%m%d` because we're piping our logs to rotatelogs with a date stamp so the name will change daily.

agent.sources.apache.command = tail -F /usr/local/apache/localhost/logs/access_log.`date +%Y%m%d`

If I use "tail -F /usr/local/apache/localhost/logs/access_log.`date +%Y%m%d`" at the shell it works perfectly, but used inside the flume.conf for this source, I get nothing.

-- Guyle