Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by David Marko <dm...@tiscali.cz> on 2007/11/13 11:50:24 UTC

Cayenne 3.0M2 and EJBQLQuery

Are there any performance differences(penalty) when using EJBQLQuery instead of
e.g. SelectQuery?

Also for the others, I use succesfully
http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/1.0.1/apache-openjpa-1.0.1/docs/manual/jpa_langref.html
as a very nice EJBQLQuery syntax manual.

David

Re: Cayenne 3.0M2 and EJBQLQuery

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.
Sounds reasonable to me.  In the interim, we could probably link directly to
them with an appropriate note.

--
Kevin

Fwd: Cayenne 3.0M2 and EJBQLQuery

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Begin forwarded message:

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
I don't have any performance numbers just yet. From the design
knowledge, my educated guess is that the translation phase will be
somewhat slower, as EJBQL goes through a longer chain of syntax
transformation, but the result retrieval should be as fast. Since the
translation phase has never been a bottleneck in the query execution
cycle, there is hopefully no noticeable overall performance hit.

Andrus