Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by fairuz <da...@yahoo.com> on 2002/11/01 02:53:45 UTC

Re: WELCOME to soap-dev@xml.apache.org

thank you for the tips,
actually i try to run one of the sample in /usr/soap/samples/messaging   but unfortunately got the error
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org/apache/soap/server/ServiceManagerClient
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:native)

please help me on my CLASSPATH setting .......
 Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com> wrote:> hello,
> i need help and it has been 2 hours trying to solve this problem.
> i set my /etc/profile into CLASSPATH=/usr/soap/lib/soap.jar and then
export it (as usual) . however the problem is when i run ,
> jar -tvf soap.jar
> the message is no acrhieve found. i init 3 to reinitialize the path
but still got the same error.

jar does not use the CLASSPATH to locate the jar file: you must specify
the path to soap.jar, i.e.

jar -tvf /usr/soap/lib/soap.jar

> at the same time i install apache-tomcat. but didn't set anything for
CLASSPATH.
> so, i need your help to solve this problem.
> which file should i put the CLASSPATH variable. is it at
/var/tomcat4/bin/tomcat.sh or at /etc/profile ?
> i really need it urgently.

The instructions for installing Apache SOAP on Tomcat 4 are at
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/xml-soap/java/docs/install/
tomcat.html?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/html

Scott Nichol

For additional commands, e-mail:

 Yahoo! Travel
- Great flight deals, travel info and prizes!

Re: WELCOME to soap-dev@xml.apache.org

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
First, confirm your CLASSPATH setting (by doing echo $CLASSPATH).  Your
CLASSPATH will be different because of where you have installed things,
but my CLASSPATH is a good example:

/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4/common/lib/xerces.jar:\
/usr/local/soap-2_3_1/soap.jar:\
/usr/local/soap-2_3_1:\
/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4/common/lib/activation.jar:\
/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4/common/lib/mail.jar

If you get the same ClassNotFoundException, then verify that soap.jar is
a valid jar by doing

    jar -xvf /usr/lib/soap/soap.jar

Scott Nichol