Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Eric Borisow <eb...@yahoo.com> on 2013/10/23 08:28:04 UTC

Question about SOAP 1.1 and SOAP 1.2

Hi,

I am trying to create a server-side web service using Axis2 (and Spring).  Everything is operating correctly.  The one problem is that the response is getting returned in SOAP 1.2 format, but in order for this client to connect, they only support 1.1.  So, I've tried disabling SOAP 1.2 in an axis2.xml file.  But, when I do that, the result is returned without a SOAP Envelope and Body which is required for parsing.

Here is the request:
POST /myapp/services/DocSample HTTP/1.1
Host: localhost:81
Transfer-Encoding: chunked

116
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
      <soapenv:Body>
         <ns1:EchoString xmlns:ns1="http://doc.sample.com/docSample">
            <ns1:input>Hello world</ns1:input>
         </ns1:EchoString>
      </soapenv:Body>
   </soapenv:Envelope>0

And, here is the response:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Server: Jetty(6.1.25)

9A
<ns1:EchoStringResponse xmlns:ns1="http://doc.sample.com/docSample">
   <ns1:EchoStringResult>Hello world</ns1:EchoStringResult></ns1:EchoStringResponse>
0

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
Eric