Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Mark Boylan <ma...@ffsoft.com> on 2000/07/26 01:38:51 UTC

Deploy Nightmare

Ugh.  I'm having a problem deploying services.
Actually, I think there are two separate problems.
The first is when I try to deploy from the command line:

[mark@babydoll calculator]$ java
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://localhost:8080/xml-soap/rpcrouter.jsp deploy
./DeploymentDescriptor.xml
Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client;
msg=error parsing HTTP status line: Connection reset by peer: Connection
reset by peer; targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: error
parsing HTTP status line: Connection reset by peer: Connection reset by
peer]
	at
org.apache.soap.transport.http.SOAPHTTPConnection.send(SOAPHTTPConnection.java,
Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java, Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.invokeMethod(ServiceManagerClient.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.deploy(ServiceManagerClient.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient.java,
Compiled Code)
[mark@babydoll calculator]$

The second problem is when I try to deploy from the browser,
I cant even load the deploy.jsp page:

Error: 500

Location: /xml-soap/deploy.jsp

Internal Servlet Error:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for
JSP/opt/tomcat/work/localhost_8080%2Fxml-soap/_0002fdeploy_0002ejspdeploy_jsp_0.java:148:
No variable NS_URI_BML_ENC defined in class org.apache.soap.Constants.
                       org.apache.soap.Constants.NS_URI_BML_ENC};
                                                ^
1 error

        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java,
Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java,
Compiled Code)
---------------------------------------

I'm running RH6.2, tomcat 3.1, xerces 1.0.4, Blackdown JDK 1.2.2.
I tried switching to xerces 1.0.3, and got the same results.
If anyone has any insight, please post.  This is driving me nuts.

Thanks,
Mark

Re: Deploy Nightmare

Posted by Rich Johns <rj...@vignette.com>.
Classpath problems I think. At least your 2nd problem is. It looks like
you're using Tomcat. When you start Tomcat (or whatever servlet/jsp engine),
ibm-soap.jar as well as your app specific classes, must be on it's classpath. I accomplished
this by editing the tomcat.bat file.

BTW, setting up the servlet engine's classpath using tomcat.bat seems very clunky, but I'm in that
phase of this project where I'm just trying to get things to work. Is there a best
practices sort of approach to doing this. I mean what if there are mutliple applications,
ie., (multiple sets of servlets/jsps) that all have classpath requirements. There must
be a better way to do this than to have to give the servlet engine's startup a
huge classpath spec. Any ideas?

thanks.

Re: Deploy Nightmare

Posted by Rich Johns <rj...@vignette.com>.

Re: Deploy Nightmare

Posted by Kailash Aynor <ak...@hotmail.com>.
Also i think when u create a new distrib , please accompanny with it some install.txt file, which not only provides the expected supporting environment, but also the "exact" version of xerces,ant... required. This will probably help a lot, especially since there are now lots of versions floating around.

Kailash.
Posted by Kailash Aynor <ak...@hotmail.com>.

RE: Deploy Nightmare

RE: Deploy Nightmare