Posted to user@uima.apache.org by chandra sekhar <se...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/29 20:02:29 UTC

A DOUBT IN DEVELOPING UIMA APPLICATION

Respected Sir ,

I wana to develop an Annotator , but I didnt want import the uima_examples.
I want to create my own folder called HIndi_Annotator and want to create
annotator code, so what are the steps I need to follow?. When I try to
create a java project , I am getting only src folder, but not descriptors or
other folder,so where I need to place Descriptors?please help me in this
regard.

regards
sekhar.

please visit : http://www.parivaar.org/

Re: A DOUBT IN DEVELOPING UIMA APPLICATION

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.
chandra sekhar wrote:
> Respected Sir ,
>
> I wana to develop an Annotator , but I didnt want import the uima_examples.
> I want to create my own folder called HIndi_Annotator and want to create
> annotator code, so what are the steps I need to follow?. When I try to
> create a java project , I am getting only src folder, but not descriptors or
> other folder,so where I need to place Descriptors?please help me in this
> regard.
>
> regards
> sekhar.

When using eclipse as development environment you can use the eclipse
plugins to "Add a UIMA Nature" to your project. See some documentation
here:
http://incubator.apache.org/uima/downloads/releaseDocs/2.2.1-incubating/docs/html/tools/tools.html#ugr.tools.pear.packager.add_uima_nature

If not you have the create the project structure manually. Most
annotator components use the PEAR structure described here:
http://incubator.apache.org/uima/downloads/releaseDocs/2.2.1-incubating/docs/html/references/references.html#ugr.ref.pear.creating_pear_structure

Descriptors and other files are not created automatically, you have in
both cases create these files manually.

-- Michael