Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by James G Smith <JG...@JameSmith.COM> on 2000/12/28 23:47:41 UTC

Re: Where can I find....

"Michael" <mi...@bizsystems.com> wrote:
>Where can I find documentation on the how to use all the values that
>appear in Apache::Constants
>
>The obviously do something, but what???
>I figured out what OK, DECLINED do by reading the source, but what
>about all the rest. Are they described somewhere??

Andrew Ford's reference card lists them (not sure of the URL).
As far as I can tell, they are fairly straightforward if you keep
in mind that they are copies of constants used in Apache and
HTTP.  For example, HTTP_* constants are typically status codes
in the protocol. M_* constants are HTTP methods.

I don't know of anyplace that treats the constants specifically.
They are usually incidental to doing something.
------------------------------------+-----------------------------------------
James Smith - jgsmith@jamesmith.com | http://www.jamesmith.com/
            jsmith@sourcegarden.org | http://sourcegarden.org/
              jgsmith@tamu.edu      | http://cis.tamu.edu/systems/opensystems/
------------------------------------+------------------------------------------

Re: Where can I find....

Posted by Michael <mi...@bizsystems.com>.
> "Michael" <mi...@bizsystems.com> wrote:
> >Where can I find documentation on the how to use all the values that
> >appear in Apache::Constants
> >
> >The obviously do something, but what???
> >I figured out what OK, DECLINED do by reading the source, but what
> >about all the rest. Are they described somewhere??
>
> Andrew Ford's reference card lists them (not sure of the URL).  As
> far as I can tell, they are fairly straightforward if you keep in
> mind that they are copies of constants used in Apache and HTTP.  For
> example, HTTP_* constants are typically status codes in the
> protocol. M_* constants are HTTP methods.
>
> I don't know of anyplace that treats the constants specifically.
> They are usually incidental to doing something.

Thanks, I have the complete list. It is given in
man Apache::Constants

What I'm trying to do is figure out how to use them. The two above
OK, and DECLINED can be returned to an internal call from the auth
portion of Apache and will allow it to proceed or bomb. I'd like to
find out what the rest do. From their names many of them appear like
they could be quite useful.

Michael
Michael@Insulin-Pumpers.org