Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by cnguyen8 <cn...@hotmail.com> on 2012/03/06 20:15:05 UTC

Jetspeed - Chaning Default Landing Page after user login

Hi,

I've look everywhere on the Jetspeed setting trying to change the default
landing page for the user with no success.

Basically.
>From admin, I create a space call Manager Page.
>From manager, after i login, it always land on "My Pages" instead of "Manage
Page".
So i have to go the to drop down list on top and select the "Manager Page"
to see it.

How do I change the setting so that, when the manager login, the first page
they see is "Manage Page" and not "My Pages".

I have look in the "Portal Site Manager" but nothing tell me where to set
it.  Also look at the default-page.psml but that only tell me what to
display on that page.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Re: Jetspeed - Chaning Default Landing Page after user login

Posted by cnguyen8 <cn...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks David for the reply,

However, the way you say is for something different document ordering.

Let say i'm the admin user - I create a Space and call "Page 1" and set
security to have "Manager Role".
So as a Manager user, when i login, I can see the "Page 1" under drop down
menu on top of the jetspeed screen.  "NOTE: Not to be confuse with the left
side bar menu."

However, I can't set this "Page 1" to show when user login because it is not
belong to the Manager, but it belong to admin.  The admin just set the
security role so that manager can view it.
If I were to go inside the "Manager" folder, the "Page 1" does not exist
anywhere.  For that reason, there is no way to select it to be as default
page using "document order".

So i probably have to be redirect the user landing page to the "Page 1" if
the "Page 1" existed and is available to be view base on Role.

Still not solve.

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: Jetspeed 2 - Changing Default Landing Page after user login

Posted by cnguyen8 <cn...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks David,

There's an alternate way to this solution but it still not the way it should
have been done.

Create a templates pages for new user, so now every time new user create,
they will see all the pages and Porlets base on role in their "My Pages".
(have a script inject all the attributes/values into all the Portlets.
It was troublesome, but it solve the problem for now.

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by cnguyen8 <cn...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks David for Reply,

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@gmail.com>.