Posted to users@directory.apache.org by "Shane D. Eckert" <sh...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/16 21:01:42 UTC

SSO with Google Apps

Hi,

I do not see much in the way of answers to this question. If this has
already been answered, sorry ahead of time.

I am looking to implement ApacheDS in my company and wanted to make sure
that we can use SSO with Google Apps. I see that Google Apps uses SAML. I do
not see anywhere on the ApacheDS website about the implementation of SAML.

Is there support for SAML? If no, is there another way to use SSO with
Google?

Thank you,
Shane

Re: SSO with Google Apps

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@apache.org>.
  On 8/18/10 5:30 PM, Shane D. Eckert wrote:
> Emmanuel,
>
> Good advice. I grabbed the LDAP book from O'reilly last night and got
> through 3 chapters. Good stuff.
LDAP seems simple, until you jump into the soup. Well, more like mud
than soup...

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: SSO with Google Apps

Posted by "Shane D. Eckert" <sh...@gmail.com>.
Emmanuel,

Good advice. I grabbed the LDAP book from O'reilly last night and got
through 3 chapters. Good stuff.

-Shane

Re: SSO with Google Apps

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Re: SSO with Google Apps

Posted by "Shane D. Eckert" <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I have found the Eclipse plugin to be pretty cool, but I am no well versed
in LDAP, so the additional help from Softerra has been nice, just to get an
understanding of what I should be doing.

I will be using the simplesamlphp IdP for sure. After I get our servers
authenticating against ApacheDS.

Thanks again,
Shane

Re: SSO with Google Apps