Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by naijacoder <na...@hotmail.com> on 2009/10/19 05:35:31 UTC

xerces-c_1_5_1.dll does it work with EXSLT(Extensions Lib).Is it supported?

I have a software thats uses a xml viewer for printing.And what it does is
that we pass the xml and xsl file to it.
And i'm writing up a xslt for it and i need to make use of the EXSLT like
below.

 xmlns:xalan = "http://xml.apache.org/xalan"
                exclude-result-prefixes="xalan" version="1.0">

Then tried to use it like below
<xsl:for-each select="xalan:nodeset($unified-data)/row[(position() mod
$page-size) = 1]">

i get error:XalanError: The specified function is not available:
http://xml.apache.org/xalan
:nodeset

I have setup an environment where i downloaded the latest xalan lib
including xerces-c_2_7.dll
after testing the same  xsl file against the same xml file i get the the
result i want.

Does xerces-c_1_5_1.dll works with EXSLT(Extensions Lib) is it supported.
Thanks on Advance

Re: xerces-c_1_5_1.dll does it work with EXSLT(Extensions Lib).Is it supported?

Posted by David Bertoni <db...@apache.org>.
naijacoder wrote:
> I have a software thats uses a xml viewer for printing.And what it does is
> that we pass the xml and xsl file to it.
> And i'm writing up a xslt for it and i need to make use of the EXSLT like
> below.

>  xmlns:xalan = "http://xml.apache.org/xalan"
>                 exclude-result-prefixes="xalan" version="1.0">
>
> Then tried to use it like below
> <xsl:for-each select="xalan:nodeset($unified-data)/row[(position() mod
> $page-size) = 1]">
>
> i get error:XalanError: The specified function is not available:
> http://xml.apache.org/xalan
> :nodeset
Your version of Xalan-C doesn't support this extension function. Also,
this is not an EXSLT extension function -- it's a Xalan-C proprietary
extension function. The EXSLT function is in the namespace
"http://exslt.org/common," and has the local name "node-set".

> I have setup an environment where i downloaded the latest xalan lib
> including xerces-c_2_7.dll
> after testing the same  xsl file against the same xml file i get the the
> result i want.
The current version does.

> Does xerces-c_1_5_1.dll works with EXSLT(Extensions Lib) is it supported.
That's the DLL for Xerces-C, not for Xalan-C. Also, that's an extremely
old version of Xerces, so I suspect you're also using an ancient version
of Xalan-C. You should upgrade.

Dave