Posted to rampart-dev@ws.apache.org by Chinmoy Chakraborty <cc...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/06 14:03:21 UTC

WSDL for 1 and 2d string array

Hello everybody,

I have two services, one of them returns 1d string array (String[]) and the
other one returns 2d string array (String[][]). I noticed the invokeResponse
element in WSDL is same for both of them:

1D Array:
<xs:element name="invokeResponse">
                <xs:complexType>
                    <xs:sequence>
                        <xs:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0"
name="return" nillable="true" type="xs:string"/>
                    </xs:sequence>
                </xs:complexType>
            </xs:element>
2D Array:
<xs:element name="invokeResponse">
                <xs:complexType>
                    <xs:sequence>
                        <xs:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0"
name="return" nillable="true" type="xs:string"/>
                    </xs:sequence>
                </xs:complexType>
            </xs:element>

Could anybody please explain this?

Chinmoy

Re: WSDL for 1 and 2d string array

Posted by Chinmoy Chakraborty <cc...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for reply. I am using 1.4.1 and 1.5.1. Could you please tell me what
are the minimal jars of current snapshot I need to replace/add to make 2D
string array work?

Posted by Chinmoy Chakraborty <cc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chinmoy Chakraborty <cc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chinmoy Chakraborty <cc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chinmoy Chakraborty <cc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.

--
Amila Suriarachchi
WSO2 Inc.

Re: WSDL for 1 and 2d string array

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.

--
Amila Suriarachchi
WSO2 Inc.

Re: WSDL for 1 and 2d string array

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.

--
Amila Suriarachchi
WSO2 Inc.

Re: WSDL for 1 and 2d string array

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.

--
Amila Suriarachchi
WSO2 Inc.

Re: WSDL for 1 and 2d string array

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.

--
Amila Suriarachchi
WSO2 Inc.

Re: WSDL for 1 and 2d string array

Posted by Chinmoy Chakraborty <cc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chinmoy Chakraborty <cc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chinmoy Chakraborty <cc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chinmoy Chakraborty <cc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chinmoy Chakraborty <cc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by WJ Krpelan <kr...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,
a 2d string is no XML-Schema-standard type and because of this you would have to do your own serialization, as for all home-grown-datastructures likewise.
Anyway, every 2d string is made up of some number of ordinary strings, isnt it?
Cheers Wolfgang

I have two services, one of them returns 1d string array (String[]) and the other one returns 2d string array (String[][]). I noticed the invokeResponse element in WSDL is same for both of them:

1D Array:.......<xs:element name="invokeResponse">                <xs:complexType>                    <xs:sequence>
                        <xs:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" name="return" nillable="true" type="xs:string"/>                    </xs:sequence>
                </xs:complexType>            </xs:element>....2D Array:...<xs:element name="invokeResponse">                <xs:complexType>

Posted by WJ Krpelan <kr...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

Posted by WJ Krpelan <kr...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,