Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by "Driesprong, Fokko" <fo...@driesprong.frl> on 2018/11/23 14:29:21 UTC

Remove airflow from pypi

Hi all,

I think we should remove airflow <https://pypi.org/project/airflow/> (not
apache-airflow) from Pypi. I still get questions from people who
accidentally install Airflow 1.8.0. I see this is maintained
by mistercrunch, artwr, aeon. Anyone any objections?

Cheers, Fokko

Re: Remove airflow from pypi

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.
+1 to remove it. I know people installing it accidentally.

Re: Remove airflow from pypi

Posted by George Leslie-Waksman <wa...@gmail.com>.
Bravo Fokko!

Re: Remove airflow from pypi

Posted by Kevin Yang <yr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Remove airflow from pypi

Posted by "Driesprong, Fokko" <fo...@driesprong.frl>.
Hi all,

Re: Remove airflow from pypi

Posted by Kevin Yang <yr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Remove airflow from pypi

Posted by soma dhavala <so...@gmail.com>.

> On Nov 25, 2018, at 5:02 AM, George Leslie-Waksman <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It's probably a good idea to put something at "airflow", even if it
> just fails to install and tells people to install apache-airflow
> instead.
>
> If not, there's a risk someone squats the name airflow and puts up
> something malicious.

+ 1

Re: Remove airflow from pypi

Posted by Holden Karau <ho...@pigscanfly.ca>.
What about if for the placeholder we made a package which depended on
apache-airflow and printed out a deprecation warning when installed? That
way existing builds would not necessarily break right away and people would
be getting the modern version of the software?

On Sat, Nov 24, 2018 at 3:33 PM George Leslie-Waksman <wa...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> It's probably a good idea to put something at "airflow", even if it
> just fails to install and tells people to install apache-airflow
> instead.
>
> If not, there's a risk someone squats the name airflow and puts up
> something malicious.
>
> --George
> On Fri, Nov 23, 2018 at 11:44 AM Driesprong, Fokko <fo...@driesprong.frl>
> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Dan for picking this up quickly.
> >
> > Op vr 23 nov. 2018 om 18:31 schreef Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>:
> >
> > > Thanks Dan
> > >
> > > On Fri, Nov 23, 2018 at 3:44 PM Dan Davydov
> <dd...@twitter.com.invalid>

> pros

> https://pypi.org/project/airflow/>

> > > --
> > > *Kaxil Naik*
> > > *Big Data Consultant *@ *Data Reply UK*
> > > *Certified *Google Cloud Data Engineer | *Certified* Apache Spark &
> Neo4j
> > > Developer
> > > *Phone: *+44 (0) 74820 88992
> > > *LinkedIn*: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kaxil

Books (Learning Spark, High Performance Spark, etc.):
https://amzn.to/2MaRAG9  <https://amzn.to/2MaRAG9>
YouTube Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/user/holdenkarau

Re: Remove airflow from pypi

Posted by George Leslie-Waksman <wa...@gmail.com>.