Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com> on 2006/11/22 18:18:05 UTC

When to announce velocity.apache.org?

Hi,

I notice the front page of the www.apache.org has an announcement
about the new top level project Harmony.  Admittedly, Harmony has a
high profile.  Still, once we get our TLP web site up, perhaps we
should make a similar announcement?

On a related note what are our plans for the TLP site?  Henning, I see
that you are zooming along on all kinds of stuff.  Can you outline
your thoughts on how the new site should be organized?  Did you want
to do the maven multi-project thing?  Maybe there are some pieces I
can pick up.

I did go ahead and list Velocity on projects.apache.org.  Once our TLP
site is organized, I'll add listings for Tools, DVSL, etc.

best,

WILL

--
Forio Business Simulations

Will Glass-Husain
wglass@forio.com
www.forio.com

Re: When to announce velocity.apache.org?

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
"Will Glass-Husain" <wg...@forio.com> writes:

I want to have a "wapper" site like proposed on the wiki. If you look for a
template, go to db.apache.org.

The gump is finally running again; I do have two talks to prepare for
a mini conference on sunday (if you are close to Nuremberg this
weekend and speak german:
http://www.franken.de/veranstaltungen/knf_kongress/2006/) so I'm busy
until then and will not much more get done.

My current plan is to get a skeleton site up until mid next week, so we can
move the projects in and then finish the last bits of the move (svn etc).

Yes, an announcement would be good, but we do need to have our stuff
in place before.

	Best regards
		Henning

>Hi,

>I notice the front page of the www.apache.org has an announcement
>about the new top level project Harmony.  Admittedly, Harmony has a
>high profile.  Still, once we get our TLP web site up, perhaps we
>should make a similar announcement?

>On a related note what are our plans for the TLP site?  Henning, I see
>that you are zooming along on all kinds of stuff.  Can you outline
>your thoughts on how the new site should be organized?  Did you want
>to do the maven multi-project thing?  Maybe there are some pieces I
>can pick up.

>I did go ahead and list Velocity on projects.apache.org.  Once our TLP
>site is organized, I'll add listings for Tools, DVSL, etc.

>best,

>WILL

>--
>Forio Business Simulations

>Will Glass-Husain
>wglass@forio.com
>www.forio.com

Henning P. Schmiedehausen  -- hps@intermeta.de | J2EE, Linux,
91054 Buckenhof, Germany   -- +49 9131 506540 | Apache person
Open Source Consulting, Development, Design | Velocity - Turbine guy

          "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."