Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Johannes Becker <jo...@hotmail.com> on 2006/03/16 14:48:08 UTC

fo:region-start, align text at bottom of region

Hi,

fop 0.91beta

I have a  <fo:region-start> area. My aim is to always place my text at the
bottom of this region.

something like this:

              region-before
___________________________
region                               region
start                                 end

                    body
my
text
here
on
bottom
___________________________
          region-after

Since the space-before attribute (for a block) doesn't seem to work in this
case:
Is there a possibility to manage that somehow else?

Thanks
Jonny

Re: fo:region-start, align text at bottom of region

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Uhm, I shouldn't have sent that so quickly. First, it's
display-align="after" (not "bottom") and you can simply set that on the
region-start and you don't even need the block-container or the
space-before.

On 16.03.2006 14:54:12 Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> space-before works just fine but only if you use
> space-before.conditionality="retain". The space-before gets removed by
> default because it starts a reference area.
>
> You can also try a block-container whose height you set to 100% and then
> you can use display-align="bottom".
>
> HTH
>
> On 16.03.2006 14:48:08 Johannes Becker wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > fop 0.91beta
> >
> > I have a  <fo:region-start> area. My aim is to always place my text at the
> > bottom of this region.
> >
> > something like this:
> >
> >               region-before
> > ___________________________
> > region                               region
> > start                                 end
> >
> >                     body
> > my
> > text
> > here
> > on
> > bottom
> > ___________________________
> >           region-after
> >

> > Since the space-before attribute (for a block) doesn't seem to work in this
> > case:
> > Is there a possibility to manage that somehow else?

Jeremias Maerki

Re: fo:region-start, align text at bottom of region

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
If the compliance page says "partial", it doesn't mean it doesn't work.
It only means there may be some restrictions. In this case, it's
"partial" since there are some open questions about external-graphic and
instream-foreign-object.

Anyway, I've tested my advice and it works. Here's what I put into my FO
file:

      <fo:region-start extent="2cm" display-align="after"/>

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Johannes Becker wrote:

> Hi,
>
> sorry, missed youre follow up mail. But unfortunately display-align also
> doesn't work with fop 0.91beta either.
>
> http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/compliance.html

I think the TODO on the compliance page means the current behaviour
needs to be worked out and the compliance page updated. I don't think it
means display-align has yet to be implemented! However, I tried
display-align on the region-start and it had no affect :(

BUT putting the test into a block-container and using display-align on
that works ok :)

> !ny other possibilites, or should I switch to fop 0.25?

No way!

Chris

Re: fo:region-start, align text at bottom of region

Posted by Johannes Becker <jo...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Johannes Becker <jo...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,