Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org> on 2016/10/27 08:28:01 UTC

Problems upgrading from 7.4.0 to 7.5.0

Hi all,
I am trying to upgrade the Apache Syncope console from 7.4.0 to recent 7.5.0, but I am experiencing some troubles.

First, I had to remove

<wicket:message key="submit"/>

from [1], since Wicket was complaining that the <button> element had to be closed (?): now things are working fine again (as it used to do up to 7.4.0), but I honestly do not understand why.

Now I am getting [2] and AFAIU this depends on the fact that the WebSocketSettings I am using in [3] have a null or empty 'filterPrefix': again, this works perfectly fine with 7.4.0.

Any hint? Thanks.
Regards.

[1] https://github.com/apache/syncope/blob/2_0_X/client/console/src/main/resources/org/apache/syncope/client/console/pages/Login.html#L58-L59
[2] https://paste.apache.org/YSzq
[3] https://github.com/apache/syncope/blob/2_0_X/client/console/src/main/java/org/apache/syncope/client/console/pages/BasePage.java#L91

Re: Problems upgrading from 7.4.0 to 7.5.0

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 2016-10-27 12:24 (+0200), Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 12:19 PM, Francesco Chicchiriccò <
> ilgrosso@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > On 2016-10-27 11:26 (+0200), Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org> wrote:
> > > Hi,

> > to be
> > > >

> > > What do you mean by "now it works fine" ?
> > > How do you get the i18n-ed value of "submit" now ?
> >
> > This was answered by Sven.

> > 'filterPrefix':
> > > >

> > > Please file a bug for [2]. It is a regression.
> >
> > Sure: WICKET-6262
> >

> Thanks!
>

> > Any clever workaround, in the meanwhile?
> >

> The only way I see is to copy/paste the whole #renderHead() and replace Args
> .notEmpty(filterPrefix, "filterPrefix"); with Args.notNull(filterPrefix, "
> filterPrefix");

Unfortunately, BaseWebSocketBehavior#resourceName is private...

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 2016-10-27 11:30 (+0200), Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> [1] does your button have a model object?

Yes, it does.

> Since WICKET-6225 the model object is used to replace the component
> body, if you're using a <button> tag.
> Previously the model object was used for the value of an <input> tag only.

Ah, now it makes sense, thanks.

I would suggest adding this to the 7.5.0 release notes, which pretend it to be a "drop-in replacement".

Regards.

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.
Hi,

[1] does your button have a model object?

Since WICKET-6225 the model object is used to replace the component
body, iff you're using a <button> tag.
Previously the model object was used for the value of an <input> tag only.

Regards
Sven