Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by "Dewangan, Manoj KUMAR" <ma...@verizonwireless.com> on 2018/05/02 02:09:55 UTC

subscription for TomEE User forum

Hi,

I am trying to migrate our backend service app from IBM Liberty to TomEE.

In TomEE installation there are context.xml and tomee.xml both.

================================
I have successfully migrated one gui app from liberty to Tomcat9 because it
has some jms queue and no other jee components.

There I defined like below in tomcat9 conf/context.xml

<Resource
      name="jms/EPSA_QCF"
      auth="Container"
      type="com.ibm.mq.jms.MQQueueConnectionFactory"
      factory="com.ibm.mq.jms.MQQueueConnectionFactoryFactory"
      description="JMS Queue Connection Factory for sending messages"
      HOST="*************"
      PORT="*"
      CHAN="**"
      TRAN="1"
      QMGR="**"
  />
   <Resource
      name="jms/LogQueue"
      auth="Container"
      type="com.ibm.mq.jms.MQQueue"
      factory="com.ibm.mq.jms.MQQueueFactory"
      description="JMS Queue for receiving messages from Dialog"
      QU="**"/>

It worked.

=================================

Now backend app has some jee component and trying to migrate to TomEE. Here
If i define JMS Resources in context.xml not in tomee.xml .

Will it work ?

I believe in tomee.xml , resource definition tag is bit different syntax
wise.

Please guiide in this matter.

Regards
Manoj K Dewangan