Posted to user@juddi.apache.org by Michael Woinoski <mi...@pineneedleconsulting.com> on 2003/05/27 20:16:13 UTC

[juddi-Users] Problem accessing jUDDI 0.7 with JAXR

Hi. (Sorry for the long post, but I thought the details might help.) I installed
jUDDI 0.7 and MySQL on W2K to replace the UDDI registry bundled with Sun's JWSDP
1.1. jUDDI seems happy enough; I can use the JAXR browser from JWSDP to publish
to and search the jUDDI registry. However, when I try to access the registry
with the JAXR implementation from JWSDP, the code connects to jUDDI successfully
and gets some info but then dies with a ClassCastException from one of the
Castor classes. The same code works fine with the JWSDP registry. Here's the
program output:

Created connection to registry
Got registry service and query manager
Org name: Rainforest, Inc.
Org description: Music and video wholesaler
Org key id: 3A4C1200-907B-11D7-B874-ADAF48E90910
java.lang.ClassCastException
        at com.sun.xml.registry.common.util.CastorUtil.unmarshalObject(Unknown
Source)
        at com.sun.xml.registry.uddi.Processor.processResponse(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.xml.registry.uddi.Processor.processRequest(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.xml.registry.uddi.UDDIMapper.getOrganizations(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.xml.registry.uddi.UDDIMapper.getRegistryObject(Unknown
Source)
        at com.sun.xml.registry.uddi.UDDIObjectCache.fetchObject(Unknown Source)
        at
com.sun.xml.registry.uddi.infomodel.RegistryObjectImpl.getObject(Unknown Source)
        at
com.sun.xml.registry.uddi.infomodel.OrganizationImpl.getPrimaryContact(Unknown
Source)
        at JuddiTest.main(JuddiTest.java:54)

It smells like a classpath problem, but since the messages between the registry
and client are SOAP, I wouldn't expect the classpath to be an issue here. Does
anyone have any idea what may be causing this? Code and build file are below.

Thanks,
Mike

/**
 * JuddiTest: search for organizations whose name match a given string and
 * display info about them.
 */
import javax.xml.registry.*;
import javax.xml.registry.infomodel.*;
import java.net.*;
import java.util.*;

public class JuddiTest {
        String queryString = new String(args[0]);
        //String httpProxyHost = "";
        //String httpProxyPort = "8080";
        Connection connection = null;

        try {
            Properties props = new Properties();
            props.setProperty("javax.xml.registry.queryManagerURL",
                "http://localhost:8080/juddi/inquiry");
            //props.setProperty("com.sun.xml.registry.http.proxyHost",
            //    httpProxyHost);
            //props.setProperty("com.sun.xml.registry.http.proxyPort",
            //    httpProxyPort);
            ConnectionFactory factory = ConnectionFactory.newInstance();
            factory.setProperties(props);
            connection = factory.createConnection();
            System.err.println("Created connection to registry");

            RegistryService rs = connection.getRegistryService();
            BusinessQueryManager bqm = rs.getBusinessQueryManager();
            System.err.println("Got registry service and query manager");

            Collection findQualifiers = new ArrayList();
            findQualifiers.add(FindQualifier.SORT_BY_NAME_DESC);
            Collection namePatterns = new ArrayList();
            namePatterns.add("%" + queryString + "%");

            BulkResponse response = bqm.findOrganizations(findQualifiers,
                    namePatterns, null, null, null, null);
            Collection orgs = response.getCollection();

            Iterator orgIter = orgs.iterator();
            if (!(orgIter.hasNext())) {
                System.err.println("No organizations found");
            } else while (orgIter.hasNext()) {
                Organization org = (Organization) orgIter.next();
                System.err.println("Org name: " + org.getName().getValue());
                System.err.println("Org description: " +
                    org.getDescription().getValue());
                System.err.println("Org key id: " + org.getKey().getId());

                // Display primary contact information
/* >>> */       User pc = org.getPrimaryContact(); // ClassCastException here

                // remaining code omitted...
            }
        }
        catch (Exception e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        }
        finally {
            if (connection != null) {
                try {
                    connection.close();
                } catch (JAXRException je) {}
            }
        }
    }
}

build.xml:

<project name="jUDDI Sample" default="run" basedir=".">
  <path id="classpath">
    <fileset dir="${jwsdp.home}/jaxr-1.0_03/lib">
      <include name="*.jar" />
    </fileset>
    <fileset dir="${jwsdp.home}/jwsdp-shared/lib">
      <include name="*.jar" />
    </fileset>
    <fileset dir="${jwsdp.home}/saaj-1.1.1/lib">
      <include name="*.jar" />
    </fileset>
  </path>

  <target name="run">
    <mkdir dir="build" />
    <javac srcdir="." destdir="build" debug="true">
      <include name="JuddiTest.java" />
      <classpath refid="classpath"/>
    </javac>
    <java classname="JuddiTest" fork="yes">
      <classpath refid="classpath" />
      <classpath path="build" />
      <arg line="${query}" />
    </java>
  </target>

 <target name="clean">
    <delete dir="build" />
  </target>

</project>

--

Mike Woinoski                      Pine Needle Consulting
mailto:michaelw@pineneedleconsulting.com

Re: [juddi-Users] Problem accessing jUDDI 0.7 with JAXR

Posted by Michael Woinoski <mi...@pineneedleconsulting.com>.
Andy Cutright wrote:

> can you enable logging in juddi? it uses log4j. that'll tell us what
> juddi thinks it's telling the sun code. it'll log the sql query, and (i
> believe) the soap response.

Logging is enabled in juddi, and it shows both the sql query and soap response.
It's not showing any errors or warnings. Is there anything in particular I
should look for?

> is there any logging in sun's implementation?

I don't think it supports detailed logging, but I'll double-check.

> also, you're browsing for contact information, i see. i have not used
> sun's registry browser. does it let you see exactly the information
> you're trying to query here, so that you know the information is in the
> database?

Yes, Sun's browser shows the organization's contact info, service definitions,
and service bindings. The test info in my 2 test registries is identical (well,
except for typos :-) and the browser shows the same info in both registries with
no errors. The only problem is in the jaxr client.

Cheers,
Mike

> cheers,
> andy
>
> Michael Woinoski wrote:
>
> >Hi. (Sorry for the long post, but I thought the details might help.) I installed
> >jUDDI 0.7 and MySQL on W2K to replace the UDDI registry bundled with Sun's JWSDP
> >1.1. jUDDI seems happy enough; I can use the JAXR browser from JWSDP to publish
> >to and search the jUDDI registry. However, when I try to access the registry
> >with the JAXR implementation from JWSDP, the code connects to jUDDI successfully
> >and gets some info but then dies with a ClassCastException from one of the
> >Castor classes. The same code works fine with the JWSDP registry.

<snip>

Posted by Anou Manavalan <an...@trysybase.com>.
Michael,

I think the problem is Class Loader. I have been going through that class
loader hell too. AppServers have a hierarchical class loading. And if a
required class was loaded with a different class loader, it gives the class
cast problem.

The problem you are seeing here is the JWSDP has all the registry files and
JAXR loaded in the same class loader, but with JUDDI, the JUDDI files are
loaded in the webapp class loader and the JAXR may be is loaded in the
system/server class loader. Try to put the JAXR and the related libs in the
WEB-INF/lib dir of jUDDI webapp and see if that helps.

regards,
-Anou

can you enable logging in juddi? it uses log4j. that'll tell us what
juddi thinks it's telling the sun code. it'll log the sql query, and (i
believe) the soap response. is there any logging in sun's implementation?

Posted by Andy Cutright <ac...@borland.com>.

Posted by Anou Manavalan <an...@trysybase.com>.
hmm... just read your full email. Nope, sorry definitely not server side
class loader problem.

If you can make the Axis tcpmon ( or any other monitor ) listen in between,
may be you can see the response from both registries. Seems like jUDDI may
have something in there different. But interesting it throws a class cast
exception.

-Anou