Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by "Joshi, Shrinivas" <Sh...@amd.com> on 2007/05/21 22:29:59 UTC

Heap Size Limitation

Hi All,

I am using 5.0M1 JDK 32-bit for Windows on a 2 socket dual core system
with 8G of RAM. The system is running Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard
x64 Edition SP1. I am providing following VM arguments:

-Xem:server -Xms1500M -Xmx1500M

I get a Warning message which says "Heap size too large, reducing it to
900MB"

I suppose 900MB is not the upper bound on the heap size for Harmony. Can
someone please tell me what might be going on here?

Also is there a wiki page which lists all supported command line args to
the JVM?

Thanks,

-Shrinivas

RE: Heap Size Limitation

Posted by "Joshi, Shrinivas" <Sh...@amd.com>.
Thanks for the information.
Sorry about that. I didn't locate the thread earlier.

-Shrinivas

Shrinivas, to have a heap size bigger than 1GB was discussed in the
list. Please check
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@harmony.apache.org/msg07153.html for a
detailed description by Aleksey Shipilev. The information itself was
for Win32.

Thanks,
xiaofeng

--