Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by sivaprasad <si...@echidnainc.com> on 2010/11/01 03:48:53 UTC

Solr Relevency Calculation

Hi,
I have 25 indexed fields in my document.But by default, if i give
"q=laptops" this is going to search on five fields and iam getting the score
as part of search results.How solr will calculate the score?Is it going to
calculate only on the five fields or on 25 fields which are indexed?What is
the order it is going to take to calculate score?Any documents related to
this topic is helpful for me.

Regards,
JS

Re: Solr Relevency Calculation

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Here's a good place to start:
http://search.lucidimagination.com/search/out?u=http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_4_0/scoring.html

<http://search.lucidimagination.com/search/out?u=http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_4_0/scoring.html>But
what do you mean "this is going to search on five fields...."? This
sounds like you're using DisMax in which case it throws out all but the
top-scoring
clause when it calculates the score for the document.

HTH
Erick