Posted to user@kudu.apache.org by Andrey Kuznetsov <An...@epam.com> on 2017/08/14 08:54:23 UTC

[KUDU] Adding tablet server data directories

Hi,
Need help again)
I've added "Kudu tablet server data directories" and kudu doesn't start:
FSManager root is not empty <path to old data directory>.
How to keep my old data and extend directories list? (I can't use LVM)

Looking forward to any answer, thank you in advance,
Best regards,
ANDREY KUZNETSOV
Software Engineering Team Leader

Office: +7 482 263 00 70 x 42766<tel:+7%20482%20263%2000%2070;ext=42766>   Cell: +7 920 154 05 72<tel:+7%20920%20154%2005%2072>   Email: andrey_kuznetsov@epam.com<ma...@epam.com>
Tver, Russia   epam.com<http://www.epam.com/>

CONFIDENTIALITY CAUTION AND DISCLAIMER
This message is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) to which it is addressed and contains information that is legally privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. All unintended recipients are obliged to delete this message and destroy any printed copies.

RE: [KUDU] Adding tablet server data directories

Posted by Andrey Kuznetsov <An...@epam.com>.
Hi Andrew,
It is pity ☺,
Thanks a lot for clear answer!

Best regards,
ANDREY KUZNETSOV
Software Engineering Team Leader, Assessment Global Discipline Head (Java)

Office: +7 482 263 00 70 x 42766<tel:+7%20482%20263%2000%2070;ext=42766>   Cell: +7 920 154 05 72<tel:+7%20920%20154%2005%2072>   Email: andrey_kuznetsov@epam.com<ma...@epam.com>
Tver, Russia   epam.com<http://www.epam.com/>

CONFIDENTIALITY CAUTION AND DISCLAIMER
This message is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) to which it is addressed and contains information that is legally privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. All unintended recipients are obliged to delete this message and destroy any printed copies.

Currently, servers require that the data directories do not change. Your best bet right now would be to write your data elsewhere first (e.g. to parquet files), shut down your server, wipe the current data directories, restart the server with all desired directories, and reinsert your data.

Disk configuration is a known pain point for Kudu; there is a JIRA open for this, found here<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KUDU-2062>.

Hope this helped,
Andrew

…

--
Andrew Wong

Re: [KUDU] Adding tablet server data directories

Posted by Andrew Wong <aw...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Andrey,

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 1:54 AM, Andrey Kuznetsov <Andrey_Kuznetsov@epam.com

--