Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by "Iyengar, Kumar" <ku...@bmc.com> on 2007/10/27 03:20:44 UTC

rpc encoding in Axis2

Hi all,

We have a program that consumes external web services using Axis. I am
currently upgrading the program to use Axis2. Our program works with Web
Services that are of RPC Encoded Style as well ( besides doc/literal). I
followed the examples and the java documentation but I am not clear how
this works with RPC encoded styles. Most examples require me to change
the WSDL from rpc/encoded to doc/literal. But since we are consuming
external web services, we cannot do that.

I looked at the Axis 2 API and it is unclear whether I can use
ServiceClient for this. There is also another object RPCServiceClient.
Does anyone know if this can be used for RPC Encoded Styles? The doc
indicates that I pass in arg[] - if I have an OMElement then how do I
use RPCServiceClient?

Thanks,

--ki

RE: rpc encoding in Axis2

Posted by "Iyengar, Kumar" <ku...@bmc.com>.
Thanks Sanka,

That is what I am doing now. I just wanted to confirm that, that was my
only option.

--kumar

> We have a program that consumes external web services using Axis. I am

> currently upgrading the program to use Axis2. Our program works with
> Web Services that are of RPC Encoded Style as well ( besides
> doc/literal). I followed the examples and the java documentation but I

> am not clear how this works with RPC encoded styles. Most examples
> require me to change the WSDL from rpc/encoded to doc/literal. But
> since we are consuming external web services, we cannot do that.
>
> I looked at the Axis 2 API and it is unclear whether I can use
> ServiceClient for this. There is also another object RPCServiceClient.

> Does anyone know if this can be used for RPC Encoded Styles? The doc
> indicates that I pass in arg[] - if I have an OMElement then how do I
> use RPCServiceClient?

Hi,

Axis2 doesn't support RPC-encoding which means you don't get any data
binding support if you want to invoke a rpc-encoded style Web service
via Axis2 client api.
However if you are willing to build the payload and resulting as
OMElement manually, you can use ServiceClient to invoke such Web
services.
But you can't use RPCSericeClient for that.

HTH
--Sanka

--
Sanka Samaranayake
WSO2 Inc.

http://www.bloglines.com/blog/sanka
http://www.wso2.org/

Re: rpc encoding in Axis2

Posted by Sanka Samaranayke <ss...@gmail.com>.

Re: rpc encoding in Axis2

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
Axis2 does not support SOAP encoding. Use Axis 1.4 instead.

Anne