Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Andrea Cosentino <an...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2018/10/02 18:20:40 UTC

R: Re: Apache Camel 2.21.3 Release

Any feedback on this?

Inviato da Yahoo Mail su Android

  Il mer, 26 set, 2018 alle 8:26, Andrea Cosentino<an...@yahoo.com.INVALID> ha scritto:   +1.

After that we may think about a 2.23.0 release by the end of October maybe.

--
Andrea Cosentino
----------------------------------

On Tuesday, September 25, 2018, 12:48:53 PM GMT+2, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi

I think the next Apache Camel release should be a new patch release of
the 2.21.x branch.

We have 31 tickets resolved since last, and 2.21.2 was released over 2
months ago, so it could be good to get a new release out within the
next couple of weeks.

Gregor do you by any chance have time to work on this release?

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

R: Re: Re: Apache Camel 2.21.3 Release

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
We won't support Java 11 in 2.23.0 at least at the moment.

Inviato da Yahoo Mail su Android

  Il mar, 2 ott, 2018 alle 21:07, David Karlsen<da...@gmail.com> ha scritto:   Maybe bump to boot 2.1 and spring 5.1 for 2.23?
Are you aiming on Java 11 compatibility for 2.23?

David J. M. Karlsen - http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidkarlsen

Re: Re: Apache Camel 2.21.3 Release

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hi David & Cameleers,
sorry for the late reply,

On Tue, Oct 2, 2018 at 9:07 PM David Karlsen <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe bump to boot 2.1 and spring 5.1 for 2.23?

I found that there were test failures in camel-spring-boot when trying
2.1.0.M4 that were not present on 2.1.0.M3, didn't have the time to
follow up on that but it could point that we need a bit more work on
getting Spring Boot 2.1 support working. I had to change the test
configuration a bit: when using @SpringBootTest annotation with
`classes` parameter I think I traced it back to #6768[1], and there
was a removed method in SpringApplicationBuilder.

> Are you aiming on Java 11 compatibility for 2.23?

I think we still need more work on that, I'm slowly, when the time
allows, updating the `java-10` branch and trying to get as much of the
tests as possible to run. We depend on a great deal of other projects
and in some cases we need to wait for them to upgrade first. I had to
use a forked version of `maven-plugin-plugin`[2] and mvel[3].

zoran

[1] https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-boot/issues/6768
[2] https://github.com/apache/camel/commit/5dd4d2efd73868b7c6b8d5273cdcebc8a45b6389
[3] https://github.com/apache/camel/commit/12189aac834c9833e2be21d1149faf95afa131bf
--
Zoran Regvart

Re: Apache Camel 2.21.3 Release

Posted by Pascal Schumacher <pa...@gmx.net>.
Am 02.10.2018 um 21:07 schrieb David Karlsen:
> Maybe bump to boot 2.1 and spring 5.1 for 2.23?

+1, that would be great

Re: Re: Apache Camel 2.21.3 Release

Posted by David Karlsen <da...@gmail.com>.