Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Daniel Bray <db...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/11 18:38:58 UTC

[users@httpd] CustomLog dontlog not working consistently

Hello List,

I've just stumbled onto the weirdest issue:
server1 and server2 running CentOS 7 with latest updates.
server1 running OpenVAS for internal scans.
server2 running Apache with the following in the config:
SetEnvIf Remote_Addr "^10\.10\.10\.5$" dontlog  #OpenVAS
CustomLog logs/access_log combined  env=!dontlog

When I SSH into OpenVAS and run wget http://server2 nothing is reported
(working as expected).

However, when the OpenVAS scans kick off, it starts logging:
10.10.10.5 - - [11/Aug/2016:12:07:11 +0000] "GET / HTTP/1.0" 400 226 "-" "-"

I've tried a few things to fix this issue, but so far nothing is working.
This is very confusing. Any suggestions?

Re: [users@httpd] CustomLog dontlog not working consistently

Posted by Daniel Bray <db...@gmail.com>.
I see it is logging all the failed checks to the
normal /var/log/httpd/error_log as well. No other server is doing this
though, and I have the same config on each server. All the other servers do
not log the OpenVAS scans, but this one does. That is the really confusing
part. I even went as far as yum remove httpdl; yum install httpd and then
re-entered the CustomLog configs. Still happens though.

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.