Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/24 01:29:32 UTC

[VOTE] Velocity Engine 1.6-beta2 release

There was no negative feedback on the test build (no feedback at all
actually), so i'm moving on to a vote.

The test build is still available here:
 http://people.apache.org/~nbubna/velocity/engine/1.6-beta2/

Please vote regarding your support for releasing this new test build as
Velocity Engine 1.6-beta2:

[ ] +1 Let's do it
[ ] +0 Have fun; i don't care.
[ ] -0  Not sure about this, but i won't stop you.
[ ] -1 No, because __________________

The voting period is typically 72 hours, putting its close time as
roughly 4pm PST on Sunday, Oct 26th.  If the vote passes, I'll push
this to the mirrors and perhaps begin struggling to update the web site.
With luck i'll announce it on Monday.

Re: [VOTE] Velocity Engine 1.6-beta2 release

Posted by matthijs lambooy <la...@crossmarx.nl>.
+1 Works fine!

Nathan Bubna wrote:
> There was no negative feedback on the test build (no feedback at all
> actually), so i'm moving on to a vote.
>
> The test build is still available here:
>  http://people.apache.org/~nbubna/velocity/engine/1.6-beta2/
>
> Please vote regarding your support for releasing this new test build as
> Velocity Engine 1.6-beta2:
>
> [ ] +1 Let's do it
> [ ] +0 Have fun; i don't care.
> [ ] -0  Not sure about this, but i won't stop you.
> [ ] -1 No, because __________________
>
> The voting period is typically 72 hours, putting its close time as
> roughly 4pm PST on Sunday, Oct 26th.  If the vote passes, I'll push
> this to the mirrors and perhaps begin struggling to update the web site.
> With luck i'll announce it on Monday.
>
> On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 11:03 AM, Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> ok folks, here's a build for Engine 1.6-beta2.
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~nbubna/velocity/engine/1.6-beta2/
>>
>> Since 1.6-beta1 there have been many small bugfixes and improvements
>> and one notable new feature: the "runtime.references.strict" mode.
>> Most of these things were contributed by Byron Foster.  Many thanks to
>> him for his hard work.
>>
>> please kick the tires, report any nitpicks and prepare to vote on this
>> soon.  assuming no one sees any problems, i'll call for a release vote
>> in a couple days.  with luck, that vote will close this weekend, and i
>> can push this release out for announcement on Monday.
>>
>> with only one minor, non-docs, non-build JIRA issue left in the 1.6
>> category, i have no reason to do any betas for 1.6 after this, so
>> please give this one a try.  1.6 looks to be our most solid and
>> performant release yet, so i'd hate to have any surprises that would
>> necessitate a 1.6.1.  it would be much better to find issues now.  :)
>>
>> thanks,
>> nathan

Matthijs Lambooy
CrossmarX BV, Amsterdam
http://www.crossmarx.com
+31654771926
skype callto://matthijslambooy
xmpp:matthijslambooy@jabber.crossmarx.nl

Winnaar RADRACE 2006,2007 en 2008: http://www.crossmarx.com/radrace

Re: [VOTE] Velocity Engine 1.6-beta2 release

Posted by Claude Brisson <cl...@renegat.net>.
"ant world" went fine, and dev webapps seem happy
+1

  Claude

Posted by Ilkka Priha <ip...@norther.org>.
The test build works fine for us, so

+1

-- Ilkka

Posted by Malcolm Edgar <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1  - Malcolm Edgar

[RESULT] [VOTE] Velocity Engine 1.6-beta2 release

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
The vote has passed:

+1 from
Nathan Bubna
Malcolm Edgar
Ilkka Priha
matthis lambooy
Claude Brisson
Henning Schmiedehausen
Will Glass-Husain

No other votes recorded.  I'll push this out as soon as i'm able...

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com>.
Hi,