Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by "Zhang, Lei (L.)" <lz...@ford.com> on 2000/10/17 17:48:50 UTC

RE: SOAP under iPlanet 4.1

Yes.
After you install iPlanet 4.1 and SOAP.
Go to iPlanet admin page. From "servlet" tab, go to "Configure JVM..". You
add the paths to xerces.jar and soap.jar there.
If you use NT, you just create a directory pointing to the SOAP_HOME.
If you use Solaris, you have to create a link to $SOAP_HOME under iPlanet
DOCROOT. (I don't know the reason why only link works.)

Hope this helps.

Lei Zhang
GIRS Section
ITS Tools Development
Ford Systems Integration Center
phone:  313-621-7538  (temp)
fax:       313-845-3330
e-mail:  lzhang17@ford.com

"You're only here for a short visit.
Don't hurry. Don't worry.
And be sure to smell the flowers along the way."

Posted by "Eric Walsh (Dev)" <ew...@flashpt.com>.
Lei,

Thanks for posting how to use IPlanet and SOAP.  In my installation
I needed to add an additional docs directory (D:/soap-2_0/webapps/soap)
to the document list to be able to get to the SOAP admin (which seems to
work fine).  When I try to run a sample or deploy from the XML file I get
several errors, did you need to add any additional servlet paths?  Also
what URL did you use to get to the rpcrouter
(http://hostname/soap/servlet/rpcrouter)
Also, did you need to specify any port numbers.

Deploy from XML
java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://hostname/soap/servlet/rpcrouter deploy DeploymentDescriptor.xml
java samples.stockquote.GetQuote http://megiddo/soap/servlet/rpcrouter CPQ

Thanks alot
Eric Walsh