Posted to user@hivemind.apache.org by Jean-Francois Poilpret <jf...@hcm.vnn.vn> on 2005/01/02 04:43:58 UTC

Announcement: The HiveTranse family welcomes new members

Dear HiveMind users,

During the past weeks, I have been working on 2 utility modules for
HiveMind, one for Security purposes, the other to provide remoting using the
Hessian or Burlap protocols.

Currently, I have added those 2 modules to the HiveTranse project on
SourceForge (yep I know this is not really the same concern, but I felt a
bit lazy about starting new independent projects on SF, anyway since they
share a piece of code and the build system, I considered it made sense ;-)).

Although those modules are not yet well documented, there are examples
showing how to use them.

Please note that HiveLock (name of the security module) does not yet have a
stable design (I am not quite satisfied with it yet, it needs rework).

Please do not hesitate to take a look at these modules and comment (in
particular improvement to the HiveLock module).

The original announcement on SourceForge follows.

Cheers

	Jean-Francois

Announcement on SourceForge: The HiveTranse family welcomes new members!

At the occasion of HiveTranse 0.3.1 release, the HiveTranse project team is
glad to announce the addition of new sub-projects to the HiveTranse project
on SourceForge.

There are now two new projects added to the distribution:
- HiveLock: a simple, easy to use, security framework for HiveMind
applications
- HiveRemoting: a simple, easy to use, library to enable distributed
applications based on HiveMind and based upon simple ''remoting'' protocols
(currently Caucho Hessian and Burlap are supported)

Although the new projects are not really related to transactions, they have
been added to the HiveTranse project (after a discussion on HiveTranse forum
on SourceForge).

As of now, all modules come with the main HiveTranse distribution packages.
In a near future, HiveTranse, HiveLock and HiveRemoting will come in
separate packages. In addition, the web site for HiveTranse project will
also change in order to provide a better separation of concerns.

Please note those 2 new projects are still ''young'' (in particular
HiveLock) and that they may not be very stable yet. But feel free to try
them out and to discuss on possible improvements.

For more information on HiveTranse:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/hivetranse/

The HiveTranse/HiveLock/HiveRemoting team (!!!)

Re: Announcement: The HiveTranse family welcomes new members

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I think its an excellent idea to have a non-Apache location to contain
HiveMind code that can't exist on Apache (due to licensing concerns,
etc.).

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 10:43:58 +0700, Jean-Francois Poilpret
<jf...@hcm.vnn.vn> wrote:
> Dear HiveMind users,
>
> During the past weeks, I have been working on 2 utility modules for
> HiveMind, one for Security purposes, the other to provide remoting using the
> Hessian or Burlap protocols.
>
> Currently, I have added those 2 modules to the HiveTranse project on
> SourceForge (yep I know this is not really the same concern, but I felt a
> bit lazy about starting new independent projects on SF, anyway since they
> share a piece of code and the build system, I considered it made sense ;-)).
>
> Although those modules are not yet well documented, there are examples
> showing how to use them.
>
> Please note that HiveLock (name of the security module) does not yet have a
> stable design (I am not quite satisfied with it yet, it needs rework).
>
> Please do not hesitate to take a look at these modules and comment (in
> particular improvement to the HiveLock module).
>
> The original announcement on SourceForge follows.
>
> Cheers
>
>         Jean-Francois
>
> Announcement on SourceForge: The HiveTranse family welcomes new members!
>
> At the occasion of HiveTranse 0.3.1 release, the HiveTranse project team is
> glad to announce the addition of new sub-projects to the HiveTranse project
> on SourceForge.
>
> There are now two new projects added to the distribution:
> - HiveLock: a simple, easy to use, security framework for HiveMind
> applications
> - HiveRemoting: a simple, easy to use, library to enable distributed
> applications based on HiveMind and based upon simple ''remoting'' protocols
> (currently Caucho Hessian and Burlap are supported)
>
> Although the new projects are not really related to transactions, they have
> been added to the HiveTranse project (after a discussion on HiveTranse forum
> on SourceForge).
>
> As of now, all modules come with the main HiveTranse distribution packages.
> In a near future, HiveTranse, HiveLock and HiveRemoting will come in
> separate packages. In addition, the web site for HiveTranse project will
> also change in order to provide a better separation of concerns.
>
> Please note those 2 new projects are still ''young'' (in particular
> HiveLock) and that they may not be very stable yet. But feel free to try
> them out and to discuss on possible improvements.
>
> For more information on HiveTranse:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/hivetranse/
>
> The HiveTranse/HiveLock/HiveRemoting team (!!!)

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

Re: Announcement: The HiveTranse family welcomes new members

Posted by Johan Lindquist <jo...@kawoo.co.uk>.
Hi Albert,

I think Howard has been working on something for this in the way of
conditional contributions, but I can see the value of doing this even at
the sub-module - some of our modules could definately benefit from this.

Cheers,

Johan

you too?

Re: Announcement: The HiveTranse family welcomes new members

Posted by Albert Kwong <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Jean,