Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Isabel Drost-Fromm <is...@apache.org> on 2017/04/02 06:04:25 UTC

Re: Proposed: (Bi?)monthly committer newsletter

First of all, I love the idea and content of this newsletter. However if the goal is to reach committers that are less and less engaging, I wonder how many ppl we will actually reach by sending it to a list nobody can unsubscribe from. My reaction by being put on such lists is to simply filter them to where I don't see their content ever again. Isn't it likely that ppl who aren't engaging now might do the same?

Re: Proposed: (Bi?)monthly committer newsletter

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
On Apr 2, 2017 02:04, "Isabel Drost-Fromm" <is...@apache.org> wrote:

First of all, I love the idea and content of this newsletter. However if
the goal is to reach committers that are less and less engaging, I wonder
how many ppl we will actually reach by sending it to a list nobody can
unsubscribe from. My reaction by being put on such lists is to simply
filter them to where I don't see their content ever again. Isn't it likely
that ppl who aren't engaging now might do the same?

I certainly hope not. My goal is to reach those people who are unaware of
what they're missing. I would like to think that most people here actually
care about community but just don't know. Do you think these people are
already filtering away the board reports and apachecon announcements?
Could be I suppose. That would be sad.