Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@atosorigin.com> on 2009/06/16 08:59:50 UTC

Monitoring feature in OpenEJB

Hi all,

I shifted the discussion
http://www.nabble.com/Am-i-using-the-OpenEJB-JMX-provider-correctly---td24033204.html
to the dev list because I think it's definitely a feature we have to speak
about.

I've done some tests and developments around this topic, but I'm not
satisfied with the result at the moment. I can imagine following needs:
- Containers (stateless, ...) --> configuration (openejb.xml), current size,
EJB deployment list, ...
- Resources (DB connection pool) --> configuration, current status, test
connection, ...
- Environment variables, JNDI tree, ...
- OpenEJB properties

Moreover, I think it would be useful to enable automatic MBean deployment.
For example, I've done a openejb service to bootstrap an MBean Server.

   <ServiceProvider id="MBeanServer" service="Resource"
        types="MBeanServer"
        constructor="agentId"
        factory-name="createMBeanServer"
        class-name="....jmx.MBeanServerFactory">

    </ServiceProvider>

    <ServiceProvider id="MBeanExporter" service="Resource"
        types="MBeanExporter"
        constructor="MBeanServer, ListenPort, StartHtmlAdaptor"
        factory-name="create"
        class-name="....jmx.JmxExporter">

        MBeanServer MBeanServer
        ListenPort 8090
        StartHtmlAdaptor false
    </ServiceProvider>

Then, we could probably add a deployer to look for interfaces like XXXMBean
and perform an automatic deployment (or create our annotation to look for).

Any thoughts?

-----
   Jean-Louis

Re: Monitoring feature in OpenEJB

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Great idea.

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 9:59 AM, Jean-Louis
MONTEIRO<je...@atosorigin.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I shifted the discussion
> http://www.nabble.com/Am-i-using-the-OpenEJB-JMX-provider-correctly---td24033204.html
> http://www.nabble.com/Am-i-using-the-OpenEJB-JMX-provider-correctly---td24033204.html
> to the dev list because I think it's definitely a feature we have to speak
> about.
>
> I've done some tests and developments around this topic, but I'm not
> satisfied with the result at the moment. I can imagine following needs:
> - Containers (stateless, ...) --> configuration (openejb.xml), current size,
> EJB deployment list, ...
> - Resources (DB connection pool) --> configuration, current status, test
> connection, ...
> - Environment variables, JNDI tree, ...
> - OpenEJB properties
>
> Moreover, I think it would be useful to enable automatic MBean deployment.
> For example, I've done a openejb service to bootstrap an MBean Server.
>
>   <ServiceProvider id="MBeanServer" service="Resource"
>        types="MBeanServer"
>        constructor="agentId"
>        factory-name="createMBeanServer"
>        class-name="....jmx.MBeanServerFactory">
>
>    </ServiceProvider>
>
>    <ServiceProvider id="MBeanExporter" service="Resource"
>        types="MBeanExporter"
>        constructor="MBeanServer, ListenPort, StartHtmlAdaptor"
>        factory-name="create"
>        class-name="....jmx.JmxExporter">
>
>        MBeanServer MBeanServer
>        ListenPort 8090
>        StartHtmlAdaptor false
>    </ServiceProvider>
>
> Then, we could probably add a deployer to look for interfaces like XXXMBean
> and perform an automatic deployment (or create our annotation to look for).
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> -----
>   Jean-Louis

----