Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Paco Avila <pa...@git.es> on 2007/06/15 15:12:32 UTC

Quick question about permissions

I've implemented my own access manager to protect some documents and folders
(the application is an Document Management System -> OpenKM). Look at this folder hierarchy:

 root -> folder1 -> folder2 -> testDocument

If I protect 'folder2' (user can't read) when I search the 'testDocument' is included
in the search results, why?

Note: You can see the access manager source code at:

http://openkm.cvs.sourceforge.net/openkm/openkm/src/es/git/openkm/core/OKMAccessManager.java?revision=1.1&view=markup
--
Paco Avila <pa...@git.es>

RE: Quick question about permissions

Posted by Frédéric Esnault <fe...@legisway.com>.
Wow, is this true?

Is it true that JackRabbit does not automatically permissions?
And if it's, can we have an idea why?

Or maybe it's an option when the permission is set ?

Frédéric Esnault

> I've implemented my own access manager to protect some documents and folders
> (the application is an Document Management System -> OpenKM). Look at this folder hierarchy:
>
>  root -> folder1 -> folder2 -> testDocument
>
> If I protect 'folder2' (user can't read) when I search the 'testDocument' is included
> in the search results, why?

AFAIK the result iterator in Jackrabbit calls isGranted() on your access
manager just for "testDocument". This means if you want to inherit the
permissions for "testDocument" from "folder2" you need to implement that
in your isGranted() method. Jackrabbit does not automatically inherit
permissions.

Cheers,
Christoph

Re: Quick question about permissions